Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Knitting: Weekend Knitting

Mary Veterano Photography

This weekend I finished the Anthropologie-inspired Headband and some fingerless mitts for myself. I love when I can finish my KIPs (knits in progress) over the weekend, it brings a sense of accomplishment come Sunday night. Not to mention that it takes me forever to finish my projects since I always have at least six at a time :)

Mary Veterano Photography
Mary Veterano Photography

The yarn for the head wrap was Bernat Roving which was heavenly to knit with! It's so cushy and warm! Next time I knit this pattern, though, I think I'll do a provisional cast on so I can join it in the round, without the buttons and I'll do a longer cable.

Mary Veterano Photography
Mary Veterano Photography

This was knit in a Knit Picks Wool of the Andes yarn in Mink Heather. I adore Wool of the Andes, their colors are amazing and the wool blend is super fantastico! I was knitting these for my Christmas present basket but I decided to keep these for myself for two reasons.

  • I totally love this color. It looks good on me.
  • I rarely knit anything for myself, especially at this time of the year. The rest of my knitting time is dedicated to working on some patterns I have designed, and creating gifts for showers and birthdays

Check out some more pictures of my knits on my Flickr page.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Those fingerless gloves are sooo pretty and I'm glad you're keeping them.
    2. Of course I LOVE the headband. Still holding out for my mom to make me one. (She's got more knitting skills than I do)
    3. I think your blog is adorable, and I think it deserves at least 100 followers.
    Xo.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails