Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cooking: Sweet Potato Banana Bread Recipe


{ via Domestifluff }

Fall means baking to me, and I do an awful lot of it until January rolls around. During the fall I put pumpkin in just about everything - I love it. Another thing I love is sweet potatoes, they're delicious and nutritious :)

The above image is a recipe for Sweet Potato muffins (gluten free) from Domestifluff.

My boyfriend's aunt is also always sending me recipes via email. Here's a yummy sounding recipe for banana/sweet potato bread that I can't wait to make!

4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup oil ( I only use ¾ cup)
1 box yellow cake mix ( I use the one with the pudding in it)
1 box instant vanilla pudding (I use French vanilla)
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (or 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes)
½ cup nuts, optional

Beat eggs. Add milk and oil, beat to mix. Add cake mix. pudding, bananas (or sweet potatoes) , and nuts if you choose to use them, beat for 2 mins. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 mins. Cool in pan for 10 mins the turn out onto place. Cool completely before adding glaze.

For the glaze use powdered sugar and enough milk so you can drizzle it on the cake.

NOTE: for the sweet potato cake I put two teaspoons of cinnamon sugar in the cake mix and sprinkled some cinnamon sugar in the
powdered sugar glaze.

If you make bread instead of the bundt cake, divide batter into two loaf pans.

You can also spice things up a bit (no pun intended) with nutmeg, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and pretty much anything you want. I'm a total mad scientist in the kitchen, so I like to experiment and change things up when I cook.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails