Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Knitting: Knit Groups


{ via Google }

I have no idea why I was so shy about joining a knit group in the four years since I've learned how to knit and crochet. I went to the first meeting of the new knit group in town and I had SO. MUCH. FUN. Literally I could have sat with those girls all night long!

Unfortunately it's only a monthly thing, so I have to wait four whole weeks until the next meeting. But I mentioned that I have a spinning wheel that I spin on and I was asked to bring it to the next meeting to do a demonstration! I'm so excited to teach them a little bit about spinning their own yarn, I even plan on bringing some wool for anyone to try if they'd like to.

The great thing is that it's all different types of skill levels that have come together for the meeting - and different crafts! Two of the ladies I made friends with were crocheting and they mentioned that they quilt. I told them I'd just started and I got to pick their brains a bit. There was also these adorable elder ladies from England and Scotland that were just the sweetest to chat with.

I can't say it enough - I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! :D

In other, less yarn-y news my screen printing stuff came today so I'm excited to get some work done on that! I also finished my first embroidery last night, I'll show you tomorrow. It's very sweet and simple, I'm pleased with it.

So many crafts, so little time!

1 comment:

  1. I was there that night, too & am disappointed by only once a month. The woman who works at the yarn shop in Mount Holly mentioned she's often alone on Thursday nights & would welcome drop in knitters. I told her I'd try to this Thursday. -Topi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails